Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Looking Back

Yep, over the limit. What is a mommy to do?
Saying goodbye
Evies mommy & daddy
Sage referral
Waiting for mommy


Hard to believe, but one year ago, August 14th 2006, we boarded the plane for China. The day is still so clear in my mind. The excitment of going, the sadness of leaving. The fear of the unknown, but the promise of our daughter. The plan, that God had from the beginning, was finally beginning!


Tonight, as I prayed w/ the children, Sawyer said "mom, I think God wants us to go back to china for another BABY girl. "I said, no brother? And he said, no, i want a baby girl who is just like Sage! So this sweet little girl, has even the brother who fell on the floor at our agency when finding out he was getting a sister, wrapped.


Even the kids remember one year ago. They were in a hurry to drop us off, so they could begin their vacation w/ Grammy and Papa. Malaine said, go back to china so we can go do that again!


It was also the day we met our friends the Gove's for the first time. We had been emailing, but were blessed to travel together to china. Sage & Evie were together in Chenzhou, in fact they were room mates! We miss them tons.


I will be adding posts this week, looking back at our trip. Enjoying the memory, and thankful for the daughter that baby girl I met in China has become.


Below was my last blog before we moved to our website in China.


Saturday, August 12, 2006

We're Leaving on a Jet Plane...
In less than 48 hours we will board our first flight towards our daughter. Wow! We are ready, oh so ready. Not only are the bags packed, the house is scrubbed, the closets are organized, the lists are made for the grandparents, we are ready. I have little moments of panic that creep in. The thought of being away from my children for 18 days, breaks my heart. That is so long! Sure there have been moments this week, MANY moments, that the idea of quiet has made me smile! And I know they are going to have a blast! They are going to get so spoiled and I am so glad that they are going to have 18 days to build forever memories w/ their grandparents. But we will miss them terribly. There are the panic moments of "please let the plane stay in the air as it should". Or please let my luggage make it to China. But those fears are few and the JOY I feel outweighs all of them that is for sure. I am going to hold my baby! For 18 months we have wondered so many things. What does Sage look like? What does she sound like? Does she have hair now? When she smiles, what is that like, or the sound of her laugh? Does she eat food, does she gulp down her bottles? Does she sleep on her belly and who is holding her when she cries? What does she feel like when she is in your arms? Soon there will be no more wondering. She will be in my arms forever and every question will be answered. How Great is our God? So, Monday we go. Our flight leaves St louis at 2pm. We will be in China on Wednesday at 11am. For you here that is about 10pm here on Tuesday night. We will be updating at our website which is www.laxtonkids.com I hope you will join us on our journey to Sage!

2 comments:

annaliese said...

Oh! I love that you are going back and recounting this amazing time last year! I am actually on here todat to post some pictures from then and now--I love and miss you too!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.