Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy Gotcha Sage-SIX years!

I really wanted to catch up on our summer, first day of school which included HIGH SCHOOL for Makenna! And many other things. As if this week has not been emotional enough for me,  today we are celebrating a special day.


6 years ago we met our 3rd daughter, our 4th child. I wish I could wrap up into words what happened that day. I wish everyone could experience what it is like to travel to the other side of the world and meet a child that is yours just as much as if you had given birth. I wish everyone could understand that there is no clearer picture of Gods love for us than having a child placed into your arms that HE chose.

I am still in awe of her. Not only did we gain a daughter when we met her, our lives were completely changed. 

 Our hearts broke for the orphan and we knew we were called to DO something about it. Because of Sage, we returned for Mavery. 


We decided that we needed to do more than adopt, we needed to fight for those left behind. AND for those caring for the orphans. So God opened doors and gave us a chance travel to China to give of ourselves at her orphanage. 

We gained a deeper understanding of God's heart than ever before. His love for ME made so much more sense. His ADOPTION of ME made so much more sense. My love for Him grew. And it grows. 


I can't even imagine if we had said no. Because we almost did. We almost missed HER, and this life we live. Thankful for 6 years with our Spicy girl. Thankful that she calls me mommy. So, so thankful. 

2 comments:

Pam said...

Happy 6 years, beautiful Sage! You have changed your family forever!

Love for Lilly Yin said...

Sage and Lincoln share the same adoption day. : )