Monday, April 23, 2012

Humbled

I have a post to share about how we are now at NINE on my China team! Go God!! But I had to share how God has humbled me lately through my team.

This weekend I was going through and checking on some funds for a team member in her account. (you can pay into your account over time instead of paying it all at once). I noticed that this member was almost to what we estimate the trip to cost and I suggested she might not want to put any more money in until we know for sure what the total will be. There are no refunds with how we pay in our money and I did not want her to lose the over flow with how hard I have watched her work.

She replied to my note saying she wanted that overflow to help the others on the team, and that she knew another big chunk was coming she was getting ready to put in.

This is a young girl, in college. I have not yet had the privilege to meet her as this is her first trip. She has never been to China and just randomly found the trip and felt God say GO.  These young girls on my team, I am certain God placed them there for ME to learn from. Because I am sure there are MANY things a girl her age could use the extra money on. But she is choosing to SHARE it with a team of people she does not even know.

Humbled does not even BEGIN to express what I feel.

Team member Number 9 is a sweet girl who went last year. Who is getting married in MAY. So originally she thought there was no way. You know the whole newlywed thing, no money, college students etc.  But then God called and she listened. And so she will return with us.

Humbled.

I have others on my team, young girls. Both are returning, again. Working to save the money. Trusting that the Lord will provide. Young girls who could be using that money on things that most young girls are spending money on at their age. Using the time they are working to have fun with friends. And they never complain. They are SO excited to return.

Humbled.

My own daughter, 14 years old. I suggested maybe going every other year makes more sense. Would give her more time to save. Would give her more freedom. She said she was going, would raise the money. (and she almost has!) She tried out for color guard at school but told them she would not be on the team if it meant giving up church activities or her China trip. How many 14 year old girls are willing to do that?

Humbled.

All of my team members are just willing to step up and do WHATEVER is needed. The prayers, the work, the love & the patience they are putting into the trip is amazing.

Humbled.

It is such a gift to be able to be the team leader. Sure I am the one who is supposed to be leading. But in reality, I am the one who is taught by them. For some the concept of traveling with a group of people you don't really know is to much. But for many of my team? They are going blindly, just following the call and trusting the lord will provide a decent room mate in China! ;-) Parents and husbands are letting their daughters and wives GO, knowing God is in control. Being obedient, even when it does not make sense.

I am humbled.

Please meet my new Chenzhou family at my team blog




Phillipians 2:3-5
Do nothing from selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.



1 comment:

Ali said...

This is so exciting! I have been praying! yea for 9