Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sweet Friends

I know I say it ALL the time, but adoption ROCKS! Not only do we get to add kids, we get to add new family through the friends we meet along the journey. The kids that lived with my girls, that WAS their family before they came to me. So, any chance we get to meet up, we consider it a gift.


Mavery's orphanage is smaller, and there are just not as many kids that come out compared to Chenzhou. Not long after we returned home with Mavery a Jinhua girl came home to Charlotte. Her mom and I became fast friends online. I never know how Mavery will do when we talk about China. It is VERY different with my girls and their reactions, understandably. So I try to approach these opportunities carefully, but embrace them for the chance we are given to see these kids. While Mavery did not have alot to say to Lilly, it was wonderful to see them together. AND I loved finally meeting Leslee in person!

I never know how Mavery will do when we talk about China. It is VERY different with my girls and their reactions, understandably. So I try to approach these opportunities carefully, but embrace them for the chance we are given to see these kids. While Mavery did not have alot to say to Lilly, it was wonderful to see them together. AND I loved finally meeting Leslee in person!


We also met up with my friend Pam and her kiddo's. I have followed Pams family since they adopted their first daughter not long after we adopted Sage. Because their oldest is from Chenzhou too! Sage & Anna Claire are just a month apart. And let me tell you, these 2 spicy girls acted like long lost friends. I wish they lived closer, they really enjoyed each other!

 They have returned to China  few more times than I have. ;-) Last year besides just following her blog, we started chatting because she had a baby girl waiting in Chenzhou that we would be able to meet while there! And let me tell you, our little Chenzhou baby has changed SO much! Of all the babies I saw, Ellie was the most shocking. Her looks AND her personality. She has grown so much and she SMILES non stop.
I was so thankful to get to see her and hug her mama! Can't wait to show Chenzhou the reunions I had this summer with the kids that have left!
It really was a great time, to short though. We have so much in common and I am not sure we would all ever run out of anything to talk about! So thankful for the blessings the Lord gives us of friends all across the map!


2 comments:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

((Hugs)) I hope we can do it again soon!

Pam said...

LOVED meeting you and your sweet family, Shannon!