Saturday, October 01, 2011

Makenna is 14!!!

Yep, it is true.  My firstborn has now moved on from that first year of turning a teenager to being just one year away from being able to have a driving permit. GULP.  She enjoys the fact that she often gets asked if she is 16. We do not enjoy that.  BUT we are enjoying her as she grows, so here are 14 things about Makenna. 

She is as tall as me now. 
Grammy took her for a makeup makeover. Beautiful girl. Those eyes.
She wears the same size shoe as me. (I wish it were the same size clothes!)
She desperately wants to return to China. 
So she is trying to "bake" her way there. 

She loves to bake and has decided instead of being a vet maybe she wants to own her own cofee shop/bakery. 
She loves being a part of the youth worship band, and spent the evening of her birthday doing praise & worship with the band.
Nothing makes my mama heart prouder than watching my children worship the Lord. 
In our co-op this year she is learning to knit! She is a lefty so that has made it a bit more difficult when the teacher does not know how to teach lefty's but Makenna was able to learn it right handed. 
She was in a production of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe this summer and LOVED it.
She ran her first 5K recently and ran the entire way! She ran for LIFE. 
She is a night owl like her mama. We don't do mornings. 
She is still homeschooling but is taking math and science through a co-op this year.
She is competitive so give her a challenge and she works REALLY hard at it. 
She is dependable. I worry about nothing when I ask her to do it. 
She is opinionated. I have NO IDEA where she gets that from. ;-)

I think that is 14. I am so proud of Makenna. Though at times we want to strangle each other (I have a feeling we are just a bit to much alike in many ways!) I truly think she is amazing.  There is nothing she enjoys more than serving others and serving the Lord. I know that the Lord has big plans for this girl of mine. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that girl and you should be sooo proud! I loved watching her worship the Lord on her birthday, but one of my favorite parts was when Sawyer stood up, while she was singing, (on of the only ones, btw) and began singing and worshiping with her! Those are precious times!
Love
Aunt Deb