Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

We had such a fun New Years Eve this year. My friend Christy suggested a Progressive Dinner and it was such a blast. Unfortunately I did not take pictures besides our house. We went to 4 houses. One house hosted Appetizers, where I was already stuffed for the night before I left. The next was soup and Salad and THE best lemonade I have ever had.Third house was main course with a HUGE spread of pretty much EVERYTHING. Then we ended at our house with dessert and ringing in the new year. And I should add that my friends are not so much night owls so while we got them to stay till midnight, at midnight oh one they were all rushing out the door.  I, on the other hand was up cooking breakfast at 2am. :-) It was a blast and I hope that it is a tradition to stay. 






I tried a new dessert that was HEAVENLY so thought I would share the recipe here. I found it on allrecipes, YUM! 
The only change I made was adding heath bar pieces in the layers and sprinkled on top. :-) 

1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate
pudding mix
1/2 cup water
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed
milk
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped
topping, thawed
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped
topping, thawed
1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy
DIRECTIONS:
1.Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
2.In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
3.In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.

No comments: