Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Rumors Galore

Always a few weeks before referrals, rumor world begins in the Land of Adoption. Somebody knows somebody who's neighbors brothers best friends cousin heard through the grapevine that this is the inside info on the new batch of referrals. I would like to say I try not to read the rumors, but we all know that is not true. During the wait, you are grasping on to ANY detail you can find. So as promised on Friday, everyone said rumors should start Monday. What do you know? They did. Not a peep till then, which seemed odd. So this week the "rumor" is that referrals are only coming out through the end of May. As you can imagine, that has caused an uproar. NOT what is wanted to hear. I am not buying into it... yet. My agency, Childrens Hope Intl, says our CHI staff who talk to CCAA in China, have not said this. Maybe they are out of the loop? Or maybe, this is just rumors, and no one really knows anything yet, because there is nothing to know. It ain't over till it's over, and until I see it posted on the CCAA board, I don't believe it. I am still praying for a miracle. HOWEVER, if this nasty rumor proves to be true, what does that mean for us? We are LID 6/20. If they only cover the rest of May, my guess is we will not get our referral till June. Maybe late May. BUT WE ARE NOT GOING THERE!! Sage is waiting for me, and I am ready to go. (after I am over strep anyways, WHICH WILL BE SOON!!) We need miracles.

No comments: