Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Pity Party

I have all these posts to share, things on my heart. But today (or technically yesterday since it is almost 2am now, and I have not been to bed yet because really what is the point when you are going to get up any minute to hold a child puking) we have been slammed with the stomach flu.

I would rather have strep and lice at the same time. I HATE puke.

I have to wonder if the cutie that has come, did not bring it with her.

 Kids are always so good at sharing like that.

And unfortunately, this year, we seem to be really good at receiving.

So pray for me if you will. I am a single parent of SIX. 3 1/2 who are ill. So far. Not to mention Mark has it, while on a business trip. UGH. Though I am thinking how bad can it be to have your own bathroom and bed in a hotel during stomach flu??

I am begging God to spare me on this one. 

And especially pray for my Sage. She is so miserable. She asked me to pray over her tonight and I could not even choke out the words. I have not seen her feel this bad. I hate seeing my babies hurt.

Life has just been like that lately. Let me give you a glimpse...
  • One of my dearest friends has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is not much older than me. She had a mastectomy last week and the start of reconstruction today. 
  • While at the hospital with her I saw that one of my old childhood friends, and a friend from church lost their dad suddenly that day. AND another family we were in Bible Study with lost a sister the same day.
  • I mentor a sweet 15 year old girl. She was raised by her grandparents and her grandpa passed away. 
  • My dad is losing his job. Been there 35 years, and 6 months from retirement. Don't bother being loyal to your company. It won't necessarily pay off in the end. My dad is totally fine, but I think that stinks they did that to him. 
  • One of my good friends I met through adoption has had some major struggles with her son's health. I was able to visit him at the hospital last week. I feel so bad for him. So young to have to go through the surgeries and pain he has been through.
  • I thought I had a full team for China. It appears I do not.
  • I am struggling with if we are to continue homeschooling next year. That is weighing on me. 
I could go on and on. Funny, yesterday I was THANKING the Lord for the craziness that is our lives right now.  It is BEYOND crazy and I am loving it. I am busier than ever and feeling closer to God in every way.

Tonight, I am not sure how to feel. Maybe a teensy tiny bit of me would just like to ask WHY. I don't have TIME for sickness, AGAIN! Have we not been hit enough? Seriously my stuffed animals are still bagged up, I am still checking hair,  and now I get to clean up puke when Mark is gone AGAIN? And during that little whine fest I then fall quickly into the Whys of all of the SAD things that I saw this week. I do'nt like hospitals or funeral homes.  I don't like that my friends are hurting and there is nothing I can do to take those things away. I don't like the hurt I feel for them. It can crush me. I certainly do not FEEL thankful.

I have never longed for Jesus more than I have this past season.

All those why's though, won't get me anywhere. And I know why. This is not our home! These sad things are what draw me to press into Him. I think Cancer and death and even puke make Jesus sad too. I think He gets it when I don't feel thankful and want to ask why. I think He is ok with my pity parties. As long as I get over them, and turn around to look at the good.

And I will. Hopefully soon I will share the good, because I know there is a whole lot of good going on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1:59 A.M. Hope you did get to go to bed last night! Re: longing for Jesus. My best friend shared Psalm 27 with me: "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life....For in the day of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His tabernacle and set me high upon a rock....Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD..."
So glad you have built your house on the Solid Rock of Jesus Christ. Judy