Monday, October 02, 2006

Makenna is 9!





October 1, 1997 Pittsburgh, Pa. Makenna Kaylee was born at 5:50PM weighing in at almost 8 pounds. Our first baby, a girl! I wanted this child of mine with a passion I can't even put into words. We had been through loss, we were in a new city alone, and we were desperate to be parents. God was gracious and He delivered an angel into our waiting arms! The wait was worth it, the all day sickness for way more than the first 3 months was worth it. I was a mommy! Makenna was the one who taught us how to parent, and how NOT to parent! She has a will that is stronger than everyone in the house combined. (Well my mother and mark might say besides her mothers! ;) ) She is firstborn and the big sister of 3 siblings. She is a little mother that is for sure. She has a passion for animals and for art. She is constantly making cards telling me I am the best mother in the world. These are usually followed by the I am the worst mother tantrum! She is super shy, yet very devoted to those who are close to her. She is our daredevil who is not afraid to try anything new. Unless it involves talking to somone she does not know! She and I are so much alike, that it often leads to conflict! But I am so thankful that she is mine.
We celebrated Makenna's 9th birthday w/ dinner at the Old Spaghetti factory, her favorite, along w/ 2 of her close friends. Giggly girls that is for sure! They made makenna stand up after dinner and brought out a cake having the guests around us sing happy birthday. I am pretty sure she wanted to crawl under the table! After dinner the girls talked us into a carriage ride, which Sage was not so sure about on those old cobblestone streets! The girls stayed up late decorating cookies and giggling the night away. Saturday Makenna woke up w/ a fever, I suppose her little brother passed that on to her. So Sunday, the actual day of her birthday she was bummed. She had been very excited to spend her birthday at church. Hopefully all will be well by her & Malaines family party next Saturday.

No comments: