Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer Recipe


My children are so picky, so when they tell me I made something better than Dairy Queen, it makes me smile! So the picture is the after mushy melted mess, but it IS yummy! It is so simple and easy and YUM-O! All you do is take a pie crust already made. Melt about 1/2 a carton of ice cream of your choice in a bowl. Choose toppings of your choice. Spread the toppings, ice cream and more toppings, then freezer. Some of our favorite combos are
  • Oreo Ice Cream
  • hot Fudge
  • Oreo crumbles
  • This one is good in a chocolate crust or a graham cracker as above.

  • butter pecan ice cream
  • Caramel
  • Heath Bar crumbles or pecans or both!
  • Graham Cracker Crust

  • Chocolate Chip Mint Ice cream
  • Hot fudge
  • andes mints crumbled
  • Chocolate Crust

Can't mess it up, I promise! Cheaper than taking the family out for ice cream and your kids might think you to are better than DQ!

No comments: