Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Elf on the Shelf


This year we had a visit from a new friend! Have you heard of the Elf on the Shelf? LOVE it! I love the magic of Christmas and the wonder, and we had lots of fun with this. One morning "Buddy" as the kids named him, showed up with a letter from santa. He would be coming to the house every morning to a new hiding place they had to find him in. He would watch them all day, and at night, report back to Santa. Then on Christmas Eve when Santa comes to leave the presents, he would take Buddy back to the North Pole till next year close to Christmas. I wish I could say it helped with the behavior, it did not. We were tempted to send the Elf to live in Sage's room to keep an eye on her! I wish I had taken more pictures of his hiding places. Or a close up of him. This is up above our dining room, hiding in my collection of Nutcrackers. He was a sneaky elf for sure!

1 comment:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Ours is named Kirby. Its a fun tradition indeed!