Saturday, May 14, 2011

Orphan Summit Part 1


You might remember my post about summit a few months back.  Well this was the week.  A friend from church, who is also interested in orphan ministry attended with me.

I was blown away.

Emotionally drained.

Overwhelmed.

Wondering where to begin.

Changed. 

And loving ALL of that. 

I heard amazing testimonies.

Heartbreaking statistics.

Beautiful orphans singing.

I learned that I do not have to change the world.  I just need to do something.

I learned that I can do more to help orphans than just pushing adoption.  (though I am not done doing that to, no worries!)

I learned more about the heart of God than I thought possible.

And now I am home.

I am processing it all.

In a whole new light.

I want to share more details in the coming days, as I think through it all.

And of course I am counting down, TWENTY DAYS TO CHINA!!

3 comments:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

I would love to hear all that you are willing to share. I would have loved to have gone.

Mom to my China Posse said...

Please share!

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

I dont need to change the world...I just need to do something.

Amen.

I can't wait to give you a big ole IRL hug:)