Thursday, July 21, 2011

6 Flags=Showing my age!

Once upon a time, I lived on days full of roller coasters and thrill rides. The faster the better! I could go on again and again.  And AGAIN!

 

As we had children, we shared with them our love of adventure. There is nothing my older's won't go on.



But for some reason, things have changed. For me.  My children, they taunt me.


As I come to the end of a ride holding my head, and praying I won't puke, they ask me...

Are you OLD? Can't handle it anymore?

And as much as I hate to admit it.

YES I AM!

After taking our older 3 to 6 flags this week (got to love the fact that homeschoolers get in on the free tickets for reading as does their teacher!) Mark and I both decided that by the time Sage and Mavery can ride things, we may have to hire someone to take them on the rides!



There are some I just refuse to ride anymore. 

There are some I ride and come off wishing I had refused to ride.

But despite my age showing, all in all it was a fun day!

We avoided the kiddy area, which was nice! Despite predictions of 100 degree heat and thunderstorms, it ended up being a perfect day. No lines, and the rain held off till we had ridden everything we wanted.  We did get to ride one coaster in the rain, which was a new experience.

And no matter the age, the day still ends with this goodness!

Loving these lazy, crazy days of summer!

1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I too used to LOVE roller coasters but not now~ too much but it's all good! We haven't been since bringing EK home~ might take a trip soon. :)