Saturday, July 09, 2011

Sawyer First time at Camp

I sent Sawyer off for his first year of camp this week.

I dreamed that he was so homesick Mark had to drive the 4 hours to bring him home.

I figured he would come home with moldy towels and clean underwear. 

He did take Papa Larry along as one of his chaperones, that was for MY sake more than his. 

He came home today.

From the smile on his face, I don't think he missed us one little bit.

His favorite activity was Archery. And he was very impressed with the food. I am certain I should be offended by this since he will hardly ever eat what I make, and THAT was cafeteria food.

He said he knows that God has a plan for his life, he is just trying to figure that out still.

He said he also learned that 6th grade girls are the most annoying ever. 

We have alot of girls in this house, but no 6th graders I guess.

 I am happy to report that the underwear were all in the dirty clothes bag.  And the wet towels were, well, in all the bags!

We missed our boy child, and are thrilled that he had such a great week!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

L.O.V.E. Camp!!!! and so glad Sawyer had a great time! our 12 year old just came home from camp too - not much of a smile - too tired!!!!! I take that as a good sign!