Saturday, January 26, 2008

Finally!


Well we are happy to report that we are not criminals and have been cleared by the FBI. PRAISE THE LORD! Both for the fact that Mark is not a closet criminal on me AND that these FINALLY came! hehe! So... Monday we take this little piece of paper to our Social Worker, she submits our home study to our agency, they approve it, then our SW submits it DCFS(division of family services, I "think" this is an Illinois only thing? ). And we get to WAIT some more. I think she told me it could take 3-6 weeks to hear from dcfs. Once approved by them, we get to move on to the INS, which is taking 8-10 WEEKS!!!!!!! I am not going there yet. One wait at a time.
The really dumb thing? These fingerprints don't count for INS. We get to do those AGAIN for them. I tell you, I have been fingerprinted more in my adoption lifetime than I care to count. I don't understand, fingerprints don't change. You would think there is like a national fingerprint system somewhere that they could just pull these things up online wouldn't you? Sigh..
At least things are moving forward. Last week this little paper was officially holding us up. So I am thankful it is here! My social worker told me last week to SLOW DOWN, BE PATIENT! I asked her if we forgot to warn her that I am NOT a patient mommy in waiting!??!! She had no idea what she was getting into when she agreed to work with us! HA!

2 comments:

Mom 2 six said...

One step closer my friend !!

Anonymous said...

Yipee!!!!! Its fun to check off things on the huge adoption to do list! I'm with you on the INS fingerprints. Why is what I ask everytime? We have been fingerprinted so many times. lol.....

Congrats! Kathy