Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mavery Madness??



Well, as every other family in adoption world(and most of us w/ kids NOT in adoption world) we need cash. Plane tickets alone to China are not going to be pretty. So we are working on a yard sale. YIKES! I have only had one yard sale in my life and I said NEVER AGAIN! Yet I feel it is the ONLY way I can contribute to $. I can only envision cute ideas for bows and clothes, can't sew for sure. And I have not figured out any other talent that is going to bring in cash, so a yard sale it is. We have had some very gracious friends already bringing us things which we are so thankful for. As you can see, we have our work cut out for us, and this is w/ only a few who promised donations! Mark just keeps rolling his eyes at the growing piles, but with a promise of green, he will cooperate!
The sale is going to be on Saturday April 5th. If you want to come out and help me that day, let me know! Or just stop by to shop. OR if you want to come over and price anytime between now and then, PLEASE come! I am not a yardsaler and I look at the pile w/ NO CLUE of where to begin! Some have told me to only expect to make a couple hundred dollars, others have said they made over $1000. Regardless of what we make, at least we are cleaning out our own junk AND keeping busy as the days pass.

2 comments:

Finally a Family of Four said...

I must sat that this looks like organized chaos!
I love doing garage sales and I will be more than happy to help out.
Renee

Anonymous said...

Where is MY bed? Oh man...