Sunday, October 17, 2010

First Day of School 2010


A little late, but here is our first day back to homeschool! Yep, we are still home! And it is going well. Makenna is now in 7th grade, (GASP!) Sawyer in 4th and Malaine in 2nd. We are once again trying a new curriculum. Which is ok with me. That is one of the best things about homeschooling, we are not locked into ANYTHING. Now that we are actually a month and half in since this first day, I can say at this point we have made GOOD choices in what we chose. For the most part every is enjoying what we are learning, including ME! And to be honest, each year the Lord has confirmed more and more that we are exactly where He wants us to be. Sure it is not always easy. In fact most days it is harder than it is easier. However, we are together. I am controlling what they learn, and we are growing stronger in Him.






First day of school breakfast. Waffle Sticks in the shape of their grade !


Last year we had a school bus cake. This year it was yummy goodness ice cream cake.




Our School Room!

First day riddle and treats that help them fill in the blanks.

Going through the curriculum. This is our history/science/bible. So far we are REALLY enjoying it. The kids LOVED learning about dinosaurs and mummies! And I think I learned more about Genesis with them than I ever have.




I have so much to share about WHY we home school. As my kids get older and life just gets more complicated, I am more and more convinced that we may never ever stop! In fact today, Makenna, who has said all along she IS going to public high school, told us she is now changing her mind on that and maybe just staying home. While sometimes that thought would make me cringe, like when she pulls her 13 year old MS. "Tude" with me, today I was happy. Time flies so fast and before I know it, they will be gone. I am thankful for the days I get to share with them. Even the difficult days.

No comments: