Sunday, March 15, 2009

Going on a Media Fast? Say what???

So today in church our pastor challenged a media fast. Since I was not in church but home with Mavery, I say I am not included. You think? No? No.. He sent an email of warning out this week, so I knew it was coming. And since my husband was throwing a fit because it is March Madness, I was interested to hear what he came home saying. It must have moved him because he agreed to do it. This includes: phone, tv, Internet, computer, reading (besides the bible), radio, ipods, I think you get the picture. It seems rather extreme doesn't it? We are in the midst of the 40 days of community. Learning to build relationships. And I do agree, we spend to much time using those things. So I am going to try it. And it is going to be VERY hard, no doubt. I hope I can make it! Because for one, I am STUCK in this house. So, if I can't talk on the phone, can't email a friend, can't blog, can't read blogs, I might be taken to the crazy farm before the week is over. And yet, I could have a friend in. I could spend more time playing with my children. I think we are supposed to have nice weather this week and I am in the midst of changing out closets so we can be busy. In some ways, I look forward to the challenge. I think.
So if you need me, I guess you either have to come over or call me. (right, we can't talk on the phone but you know we can't get rid of a phone so we can check in!) And I will be anxious to share with you all in a week about what life is like being Amish. I mean fasting from the media. One thing I think will make it even harder is that I am also starting in a virtual biggest loser contest this week. So, no food and no computer. YIKES! ;0) I hope you all have a Happy week!

1 comment:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Yikes! I will miss you this week. I have sick kiddos!

Kathy