Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Makenna is off to camp #1!


Makenna, Kyra & Brooke
Quite the rustic cabins! I told Makenna before she left that she was going to have to pee by a tree. She did not find that amusing. They did have a bathhouse, just not in the cabin.

No air conditioning so stringing fans! Makennas bunk is the bottom.

Mavery had fun on the playground!


Sawyer



Anna



Malaine in Annas hat!





Dancing fun! (I did not take my camera for elephant rocks and I could not convince Mark to run back to the car and get it!) Sawyer, there are no words. ;-)




On Sunday we dropped Makenna off for camp. Last year she attended her first week long AWAY camp. But I knew she was with our children's director who even dropped me a few emails during the week. So no worries. This camp I do not know ANYONE besides her friends. Which are kids her age. Been harder and I miss her! I know she will have a great time, but I still worry about her. After dropping her off we took the kids to Elephant Rock State Park. Our friends were also dropping off their daughter so we let Brian lead us through the mountains, I mean rocks. Sage was in heaven climbing to her hearts desire. Those situations are when I can tell that Maverys heart is still not right as she gets so winded and tired quickly. ;-( Mark & I went to this park on our weekend get away, but we did not climb because of the heat and crowds.) This weekend was perfect weather and the park was empty. Very fun and worth the drive from St Louis area. Really a beautiful place. We ended the evening with dinner at a great BBQ place that was perfect for our crew as they danced the evening away on the stage!
We get to make the drive down again on Saturday for pick up and while we considered camping (I know, if you know me you are shocked I even CONSIDERED camping) with our friends, we decided it would be to much w/ our little girls and we do not feel right to leave them since we will leave them for Chicago next month. So, we will just spend the day at Johnson Shut Ins and head home late that night.
Mavery can still be tough in the car and the entire almost 2 hour drive down we were looking at each other cringing at the thought of our 18 hour drive to Disney! So, any tips on these SPD kids for the car would be appreciated!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Shannon - I just posted about a trampoline, but I forgot about Mavery's heart!! That must put you in quite a position. I imagine she wants to jump, swing, and climb on everything and you have to be careful with her heart condition!! That must be tough!!!