Monday, January 12, 2009

The Doctor Called

He said after reviewing Maverys scans again, they want to do the surgery with in the next 4-8 weeks. I asked if there was fear this aneurysm could burst, he said not right now, but if you ignore it, yes it could. He said we could have the surgery as early as next week if we wanted to. We will get a call from the hospital to schedule it this week.

We had only done one round of immunizations so far, so he said we need to try to get some of those in. However, they have to be soon enough that they are not active in her system while she is in the hospital. The pediatrician has squeezed us in tomorrow, so we will discuss what we HAVE to have. I guess whooping cough is going around pretty bad right now, the heart doctor asked us to get a booster for that along with a flu shot. He also said we can skip all the shots and just get surgery first, whatever we are most comfortable with.

Mark and I think we want the surgery to happen either the last week of January or the first week of February. His brother is also scheduled for a major surgery the first week of February, so it is going to be challenging. But we are just not comfortable to wait longer than that. To go from telling us a week ago we could put it off till summer, to now telling me to have it done with in 2 months, and as soon as next week if we choose, I don't feel we can wait. Or that we should wait. Emotionally, we need to get it done as much as anything.

Thank you for praying. I have more thoughts on my heart, but just can't express them right now.


Stephanie said...


Chisum Family said...

We are keeping you before the Throne and in our hearts. Abounding grace to you all!


Mom to my China Posse said...

Thinking of you all and keeping you in our prayers. I think sooner as a Mother is always better when it comes to our kids health so keep positive and soon Mavery's little heart will be healed.

Nancy said...

Praying for your family and especially precious Mavery.